Some announcements from us at Showyou this morning:
1. A first-rate version of Showyou on the web, with the biggest collection of hand-picked videos on the Internet — over 105 million, all picked by our users and their friends and people they follow on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube; and
2. An update that brings our already great Android app to parity with our award-winning iPhone and iPad apps.
These new products, together with the Channel Platform we launched in June and our iOS apps, make Showyou something bigger than an app or website — it’s an end-to-end video platform:
- Built by viewers, not uploaders;
- Organized by taste, point-of-view, and interest;
- That complements and indeed builds on top of existing, fantastic video services from YouTube and Vimeo;
- But that gives both viewers and publishers choices and options, too;
- That is mobile-first but works across all the screens and devices that matter to you, including your PC;
- And that offers an experience that is as easy and fun and enjoyable to use as your TV.
Yesterday, I wrote about who might disrupt TV through the prism of Clayton Christensen’s “jobs-to-be-done” framework.
In case it’s not clear: our ambition is to make Showyou one of those services. We’ve applied for the job of entertaining you. Anytime (but especially in the evenings and on the weekends when you have some free time and want to relax); anywhere; on any device.
What should you expect when you turn on Showyou? That’ll you always find something interesting, entertaining, inspiring, and informative. Something you want to watch; with videos and channels related to your interests, your tastes, or from people who have a point-of-view you appreciate.
One other thing about the new Showyou.com? It’s maybe the most beautiful place on the Internet to watch a video. Enjoy.